Information Gathering and Usage
We collect information about the users of the website in three ways
1. Web Server Log data – SupportSages collects Non-Personally Identifiable Information such as IP address, browser type, pages visited, access time and duration of visit from the web server logs.
How we use web server logs: The data collected through web server logs is used to understand the web site traffic patterns and for stats generation of the site usage. The stats enables the admin to take necessary steps to improve the site performance and to implement targeted marketing methods for better productivity.
2. Cookies: Cookies are small unique identifier files that websites put on your computer hard disk drive during your first visit. Cookies are capable of storing data such as your preferences, product selection and login information. This enables the sites to identify a previous visitor and improve his web experience through creation of customized web pages based on his stored preferences from last visit.
If you are uncomfortable with the cookies, you can reject cookies by modifying your browser settings.
3. Personally Identifiable Information: Personal Information is collected through secure and voluntary submission of data through sign ups, forum registration, survey participation, order forms and email subscriptions. The personal information includes but not limited to full name, tel.no, pin code, residential address, email address, logins for remote facility access, vendor account details, bank account and credit card details.
How We use the Personal Information: We use the personally identifiable information only for payment/billing purposes and customer support. We may send emails for service notifications,special offers,marketing and promotional mails and contests.
If you do not wish to receive these e-mails, you may opt out of future e-mails at any time by following the instructions included in the e-mail.
The details such as Server/facility logins, help desk logins are used for technical support.
Data Security Measures
SupportSages has implemented industry standard electronic security measures and practices such as encryption, firewalls,password protection,anti-virus to store and protect your data against loss, theft,misuse, alteration and unauthorized access.
We don’t permit “work from home” and hence the information stored in the office network, can’t be accessed outside the office. Besides the strict isolation practices within the team ensures that the data is inaccessible and unavailable to anyone other than your team members and technical managers.
Please note that no transmission or electronic storage method is 100% secure. Even though we continuously strive to provide maximum security to your data through adaptation and implementation of industry standard methods, we can’t guarantee or promise about absolute security to your data.
Sharing of the information
We do not disclose or share any of the personally identifiable information to outside parties for commercial purpose. However we may disclose or share it with third parties in the following occasions
1. Trusted third parties who works on behalf of us for execution of services such as payment processing, vendor/product support. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only to perform the assigned tasks and should agree with us that the information will be safe and confidential
2. We may also disclose your personal information as to comply with a subpoena, in a matter of public safety or policy, or as compelled by a court of law
3. In the event of a change of ownership of SupportSages due to merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
We may share non identifiable personal information such as traffic patterns, aggregate statistical data about customers for marketing and sales purposes.
Third party links
Content placed in public
We provide some form of public interaction in our website through KBs, Forums, message boards, chat rooms and news groups. Please note that information disclosed here are accessible to other members and it will be treated as public information. We don’t have any control or authority over usage of such details and there is possibilities for collection and usage of such data by third parties. Hence you are advised to exercise maximum caution and vigilance while disclosing personal information in such public areas.
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age.