Published on: July 1, 2014 by Sharafuddin M.A
Last blog we saw how to FFmpeg installation in linux. In this article, let me explain what are the common errors we face while installing FFmpeg.
1. If you get command not found error for phpize, then you will need to install the following module
yum install php-devel
2. If you get error like “ffmpeg headers not found” while configuring the source.
configure: error: ffmpeg headers not found. Make sure ffmpeg is compiled as shared libraries using the --enable-shared option
then it means you have not installed ffmpeg-devel packages.
To Fix: Just install ffmpeg-devel using
yum install ffmpeg-devel
3. If you get an error like shared libraries not found problem and the program halts in the middle, then you must specify the ffmpeg installed path explicitly to the ./configure.
configure: error: ffmpeg shared libraries not found. Make sure ffmpeg is compiled as shared libraries using the --enable-shared option
1. First find out the ffmpeg path with ffmpeg –help command. The prefix default path should be like /usr/local/cpffmpeg
2. Configure the FFmpeg-php with –with-ffmpeg option
That should resolve the problem!
Try the above steps and let us know if you have any queries.
Category : Howtos, Linux, Troubleshooting